Yesterday was Zac's first day of "preschool". He is going to be going two days a week. Below is a letter that I wrote for his scrapbook that best describes the event!
February 19, 2008
My Dearest Zac:
Today was your first day of school (2 yrs 10 mos.). Daddy left yesterday for a 90 day detail in Missouri so we thought letting you start school might help divert your attention from the fact that daddy is gone and give mommy a little extra time to try to keep the house in one piece. You’ve been asking for months now when you will be big enough to go to Nate’s school. Well my precious, I guess you are now big enough. I spent last night feeling guilty and hoping that we were making the right decision. You woke up this morning and while you were eating breakfast I said “Zac, you get to go to school today with Nate” to which your replied, “I’ll go tomorrow when I’m 4”! I thought, to myself, this is going to be a long morning. We got you dressed, packed your new lunchbox, and gathered your new nap mat (and Elmo) and backpack. Then you, Ben, Nate, and Grandpa and I headed to school. When we got there, Nate walked you in and you took off running and a lot of the kids yelled, “That’s Nate’s little brother…” and off you went. I went to give your teacher the “low down” on your precocious, sometimes mischievous, but always loving personality and of course my biggest concern… your peanut allergy. Sweet Mrs. Kerry is so soft spoken… I just pray you bring her lots of laughter and don’t overwhelm her too much. After visiting with her, I went to get you to bring you back to your room. You walked right in your room and turned around and said “Bye mom, see you later!” to which I replied, “O.K. I love you buddy, be good.” Then I said one more time, “I’ll see you after naps” to which you replied, “O.K. mom bye bye.” And off you went checking out the room. I turned around, and I had fully expected you to have at least tears in your eyes… but instead, it was me that was tearing up. You are such a big boy in so many ways, but in so many others, you are still my precious baby. It will be a joy watching you come into your own.
When I picked you up from school today, Mrs. Melinda said, “That Zac is quite the entertainer… he is funny.” To which, I replied, “ Was he O.K?” She laughed and said, “Yes, he is going to be a lot of fun”! My precious Zac, this will be an interesting 3 mos!
I love you buddy and look forward to our mommy days!
Love, mom
Tumble-N-Toe Touch: Fall 2010
16 years ago




1 comment:
Awww, Kara, thanks for sharing that. You are such a very good mommy and I genuinely can't wait to see how amazing your boys grow up to be. It makes me nervous just thinking about Zac's peanut allergy and I'm not his mama, so I will pray for you and him and his teachers. Sounds like he did great on his first day, but be sure and share with us the fun stories as he goes along. xoxox, Ab
Post a Comment