So far this week has been a very busy week! It started on Monday when Tim was trying to get together all of the gear needed for Zac's first backpacking trip (Nate's 3rd)on Monday night. Our energetic Zac stood up in the baby jogger, which was sitting in the driveway, and it tipped over and he fell out and his head struck a big rock which resulted in lots of tears, blood, and terror! Luckily, after a quick trip to Arkadelphia to our pediatrician, it was determined that it was more of a puncture wound and since it was on the back of his head, it was decided best to not stitch or staple it but to just keep it clean and let it heal. Luckily there was no concussion either just a big goose egg. The doc said it was fine for him to go camping if he felt like it. So of course that is just what he did. Tim, Zac, and Nate hiked in about a mile or so to "Winding Stairs" a trail at Albert Pike. They filtered water, swam in the river, roasted hot dogs and marshmellows, and camped in a tent under the stars. The boys were exhausted by 7:30 and slept through the night! The were all so tired they didn't even hear the critter that got their food which was hanging in the tree!
4 comments:
They are too cute (love the t-shirt Ben had on!). They are so lucky to get to go camping all the time...those times will be such great memories! Keep up the good work mama!
Kara, again, I'm so sorry about Zac's fall, but it sure sounds (and looks) like he bounced back from it just fine. Those little boys live a storybook life, with all their camping and hiking and outdoor activities. I'm glad that y'all take lots of pictures because they will love looking back on that.
They are precious and so are you! Lots of love, Ab
Kara! I love hearing about you and the boys! I want to see you all soon! I miss you! I will let you know when I will be in town because it will be often this summer! Hope to see you or talk to you soon!
WHat a great camping trip! you guys live the outdoor life, it is so great. So sorry about Zac's fall, yikes. but doesn't sound like it slowed him down much. And I can totally relate to quiet time in the car..... ahhhhhhhhh... love you, jen
Post a Comment