Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Windy City and Kidney Stones!

What a title! At the end of April I got to meet my sis and best friend Melissa Daily Pitts in Chicago for a much anticipated and needed girl's weekend (remember I am the only girl in my house as is Melis)!
We arrived on Thursday afternoon and spent the evening eating Mexican food and shopping at Fieline's Basement (this soon became our favorite Chicago Obsession) which carries high-end clothes at discount prices..... one dress I picked up was still$1,000 but originally it was $3,500.... what a bargain! Ha! We were so excited because they had lots of good loot here you just had to dig around and find it. It was so much fun seeing each other in the various clothes and commenting on how we each looked.... I think a lot of people got a good laugh out of us!
It was nice to get uninterrupted sleep.... however, surprisingly enough, we all had a little trouble sleeping. Friday we spent the entire day shopping again. It was so much fun. Never in a million would Tim spend a whole day shopping watching me try on clothes and re-try on clothes! My girls didn't mind though.
That night we ate at a wonderful Italian restaurant. After dinner I started hurting in my back... I kind of panicked because I knew it felt like a kidney stone. I told the girls to go shop without me and I went to the room and took some medicine and laid down. I started feeling a little better so we went to see the "Back-up Plan" (excellent and hilarious). However, I had a really rough night and the next morning I was in tears and knew I'd better head back to AR... I no longer felt like shopping. Made it home took some heavy pain medicine and felt a little better. Hurt off and on for about a week but I think I passed the darn sucker (another one still hanging out in my kidney)! I think the boys were disappointed I was home early because they were having so much fun with daddy! Thanks Rich and Tim for making that wonderful trip possible! I love my sisters (yes as my dad always said, Melis was his closet child ;-) )! We were so busy we didn't get too many pics!

No comments: