Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Dam Night Run at Degray and Birthday Party in T-town!

Well August has been a busy month! Three weeks ago I ran in the Dam Night Run at Degray Lake and we spent the night at mom and dad's house. Nana and Papa Doc kept the boys so that Tim could watch me run! It was soooooooooooooooooooooo hot! One of those over 100 degree days, so I really appreciate him standing out in the heat waiting for me to cross the finish line about 9:00 that evening! I had a really good run for me, about 25 min. and 20 sec. Not fast for a true runner but fast for this jogger. My best 5K time yet! Another highlight of the race was getting to spend time with my cousin Josh's fiance Ashleigh! She is so stink'in cute and it was her first 5K and she did great.
The next weekend we packed up and went to Texarkana where we celebrated Tim's 35 Birthday with his parents and his sister Julie, and her precious family. It was such a fun weekend. I looooooooooooooooove it when I get to spend time with the girls in Tim's family because they all like to talk just like me and we have the best conversations about serious subjects and funny things too.... we are all over the map! Tim gets tired of walking by and hearing our conversations.... if he comments we just give him a look and he keeps on move'in!













The kids had a wonderful time playing with Grae, Eme and Grandpa! We spent lots of time running outside, running through the house (unfortunately), jumping on beds (after being threatened), and swimming at the pool! Of course there was yummy food and the BEST BIRTHDAY CAKE EVER, baked by none other than Jim Chadwell! It was a great weekend!




































Well we've never done the state line picture thing with the kids, so Grandma (I think) had the idea to take the kids down there and put "one foot in Texas and one in Arkansas"! Cute picture of some cute people!

No comments: