Monday, May 9, 2011

Easter!

Easter (better do a quick recap before I post about Mother's Day weekend)! We had a great Easter weekend very low key but very nice.






The two blondies had Easter parties at school where they had yummy food and hunted eggs (my camera battery was dead)! They had a blast and I was able to attend both parties with my "little bunnies"!!!





Easter morning the boys awoke to find their baskets filled with goodies from the Easter Bunny and then it was off to church for the Oosterhous Family! After church, once we got Ben down for a nap, I realized that Nate hadn't had an egg hunt this year; so we went outside and had one just for Nate!
























My favorite part of Easter this year has been when Ben tells the Easter story. He knows the story from the beginning with the Crucifixion to the end with Christ's resurrection and it is so precious to hear him tell it. Now that it is two weeks after Easter, Ben tells us that Jesus was nailed to the "crossbow".... I've tried to correct him...."Ben, Jesus was nailed to the cross and daddy hunts with the crossbow." To which he replies, "I know mom, Jesus was nailed to the crossbow with 3 nails!" Sweet boy.





It was a great Easter, and I think all 3 boys recognize the reason we celebrate Easter! "Christ Our Lord is Risen Today.... Hallelujah"!

1 comment:

a' la mode said...

Lovin' your sweet boys. you are as beautiful as ever! xoxo shel