Tim was gone Tues. through Fri. of LAST week. For someone who is used to having daddy home at 5:30 everyday to help corral kids at dinnertime, bath time and bedtime... these 3 1/2 days seemed very long! It was a very busy week with a year end program for Nate and awards ceremony.
This is how my first day without Tim went. The kids were sleeping and I was cooking snacks for Nate's program/party that night when a huge storm came and we lost electricity. Luckily the boys were sleeping and I was on my last batch of pigs in a blanket! Well the boys woke up and time started passing. Before you know it, it was 4:30 and we still had no electricity! Which for you city folks remember... this means not only no lights or air but no water! I had planned on ironing some clothes for the big production and taking a shower since I hadn't had one yet and I'd taken a long sweaty walk that morning! Well, I had to "bathe" myself and the boys with wipies and pile on some good smelling lotions and put my hair in a ponytail! We made it to Nate's school just in time for the "bottom to fall out," which was appropriate since Nate's program was "Noah's Ark!" Thanks to a couple of really great mom's, I was able to keep Zac occupied and Nate under control! The production was adorable and Nate did fabulous! He knew all of the words and all of the motions... really impressive for a 4 year old (yes, I am his proud mama)!
O.K. now for this week.... we are now in to day two of summer! So far so good. Only 2 more months to go! Well, this post has been sitting on my computer for a week (I had to update it)! So I'm going to post with no pictures and I'll try to write again this week before we leave with our family for Florida! Hugs, KMO
Tumble-N-Toe Touch: Fall 2010
15 years ago



