Second, the boys began sharing a room this week. I have agonized and dreaded this for months. I have tried to imagine every terrible scenario possible and tried to come up with any solution possible to keep them from having to share a room (adding on to the house was not an option)! If you've heard me talk about my precious boys' very different sleep habits you know why I have put this off as long as possible. Well, actually they have done GREAT! The first night had some rough spots. Zac banged his head and yelped like a fire engine (this is normal) for nearly an hour and a half and Nate called me in the room several times for various requests during which, every time I entered Zac would pop up and say, "What you doing mama?" ... even at 2 in the morning! However, nights 2 and 3 have gone great. If Nate needs me, he whispers quietly and I hear him on the monitor and go in and remedy the problem and Zac usually sleeps through it all or rolls back over and goes to sleep after 15 minutes of siren noises, during which Nate sleeps or lays quietly. Soooooo ... so far, the experience has gone relatively smooth. Hopefully it will continue to go good. We are still napping in separate rooms after trying joint naps which was a total bust! That's O.K., because Nate will be napping at preschool 4 days a week beginning one week from Monday.
Baby is doing great! Only 5 more weeks to go. In some ways it seems so long but in so many other ways I need every minute of those 5 weeks to complete multiple projects! We are getting so excited about meeting our "baby boy" or "baby girl"!
Hugs to you all. KMO




1 comment:
Kara, I'm glad that there are crazy people like Tim : ) and unselfish families like y'all that will go without him for two weeks while he fights those awful things. Thanks for sharing the pics. And, about the boys sharing a room...it sounds like nights are going pretty well. I'm so glad! And, I can't believe you'll be giving birth to your THIRD CHILD in a matter of weeks. I can't wait to meet him or her, too. Love y'all, Ab
Post a Comment