Monday, October 5, 2009

Blog, Blog, Blog, Blog, Blog, Blog..... (aka. Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla)

There has been lots going on lately and we have been a busy bunch (and a sickly bunch)! I will hit on the 2 BIG events: Rodeo & Big Birthday Party (I'll blog about soccer later)!

BEN & MOLLY'S 2ND BIRTHDAY PARTY
This past weekend we celebrated Ben and cousin Molly's 2nd Birthdays (Ben's was the beginning of Sep. and Molly's is the end of Oct.). We had a wonderful time celebrating with about 30 of our friends and family. The weather was beautiful, the kids were decently behaved, yummy food, wonderful family and friends..... who could ask for more. Thank you to all who took time out of their busy lives to celebrate with us and thank you to those of you who were there with us in spirit! Below are some pics of the birthday boy and girl from the party!

RODEO (Mama don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys........)

We have been thinking of, talking about, preparing for this event ALL YEAR LONG! That is what little cowboy wanna be's who live in a small town do! We have been working all year on our rodeo attire... hat, belt, shirt, and boots!
As the mom of 3 boys, I can honestly say, thank goodness Tim and I do not own any horses or I am afraid at least one of our 3 would make an attempt at being a bull rider or a bareback bronco rider.... terrifying hobbies/professions! Nothing that a mama wants to watch her baby do. However, this mama does love to watch her babies Mutton Bust! For those of you that do not remember from last year, this is when the young'uns ride sheep bareback.... holding on for dear life as a cram-packed small town arena full of people watch! Also, this is a very competitive event, and they only take the first 12 children who line up. So precious Tim, took off work early and was in line by 4:00 (registration didn't open until 6:00). Needless to say, he was first in line and our boys were the first two riders. Tim stood in the chute with Zac who was wearing his t-ball helmet (we have no riding helmet) as the sheep bucked uncontrollably. Tim said it really was a wild sheep and he could barely get Zac on. Well, the picture says it all... Zac was off the sheep pretty quickly and he was completely stunned. I think he just kind of thought the sheep would walk around the arena and he would hold on..... didn't happen that way. He got up off the ground ... shell shocked... crying for his mama!

Nate was the next rider out of the chute (sporting a bike helmet) and he did pretty good; this was his second year! Again, it happened so fast that I don't really have a good picture. The boys finished as 2 of the top 6 riders therefore qualifying for the finals the following night. Needless to say, Zac chose not to ride on Sat. night, however, Nate did ride (no photos as camera was dead) and managed to stay on his sheep until it just sat down and the ride was over!


The boys had a wonderful time at the rodeo/fair. Nate won a goldfish (which lasted a week) and the boys rode several rides. This "city" girl sure loves rodeos! I could honestly go to one every weekend and be completely happy. I love my little cowboys!

In the next post I'll talk about soccer and the fun hayride we had with my BFFs Melissa & Jen!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Kara, let me know when the rodeo is next year - I want to see the mutton busting!