I've never been good at daily writing in a journal or diary, so I guess it stands to reason that there is no hope that I will ever be able to blog daily or even weekly for that matter! I'd like to blame it on the bagazillion of things that I have going on write now, but all of those reasons are simply eclipsed by the fact that when I sit down to blog.... I end up reading a million other people's blogs... it is a sickness I believe.... or perhaps an addiction..... oh well..... WHATEVER (as Nate would say)!
So it has been another busy month filled with soccer games, hunting expeditions, AWANA, gymnastics classes (which I teach; the boys don't take), attempts at exercising (again this is a me-reference), trying to finish up contract projects (me again), and the daily grind of raising 3 boys and feeling guilty for never having the energy to clean the house or for managing to stay "on top" of the laundry! Again, as Nate would say.........WHATEVER..........I'd rather read a good mystery to de-stress, look at fitness magazines and dream of having the body of Dara Torres, or spend time on the Internet trying to figure out how to best fit in training for another 1/2 marathon... O.K. .... done trying to explain myself (primarily to me)! And yes I know the photos need to be edited for red eye.... who has the time for that.... not me! So on to the good stuff!
DALLAS: FALL 2009
This past weekend we spent a fun-filled weekend with family in friends in the DFW area. We arrived at Aunt Julie's and Uncle Jimmy's on Friday afternoon after a fairly uneventful 5+ hr drive. We were all so excited to get there and to see everyone. J&J not only invited us to stay in their beautiful home but they babysat our children, with the help of grandma and grandpa, so that Tim and I could attend the rehearsal dinner for one of Tim's good friends. The boys had a blast and enjoyed playing with Eme and Grae. Nate and Grae are so fun to watch together, they crack me up. Both boys were really good to include Zac in their many adventures whenever Zac decided to tag along. Eme was quite smitten with Ben that first night and kept him entertained. I heard that Tim and I missed a "dance off" that evening that was hilarious! The next morning Jimmy cooked a huge, yummy breakfast and Tim's brother George and his family came over to see us. It was so nice to get to see so many family members and it wasn't even a holiday! The only down-side was that the time passed to quickly! Thank you, thank you, thank you Julie and Jim for having us in your home and thank you J&J and Grandma and Grandpa for taking such good care of the Oosterhous boys! Below are some pics of the cousins!
On Saturday, after our yummy breakfast, we left J&J's house to go to my sister's house about 20 minutes away. The boys were very excited about seeing cousin's Matthew and Molly. Ben however, was exhausted and fell asleep in the car. Shortly after we arrived, Tim and Nate left to watch Matt play soccer. I stayed home while Ben, Molly, and Zac took naps. We spent most of the afternoon watching the kiddos play and visiting. Then once again, we pawned our children off on family so that we could go to the wedding. They had a wonderful time that included McDonalds Happy Meals and a trip to the movie with Uncle Rich to see Ice Age.... (you are a brave man)! Jen kept the little one's at home and played with them. Thank you guys we appreciated it and the kiddos had a blast! The next morning, before we had to return home, we went to a pumpkin patch in Flower Mound. The kiddos had so much fun and we took some really cute pics. The kiddos looked at pumpkins and horses, played in a hay bale maze, jumped in bouncy houses, and slid down blow-up slides.... who could ask for more! It was the perfect end to a perfect weekend!




No comments:
Post a Comment