Thursday, April 12, 2012

9 Fabulous Years! Happy Birthday Nate!



9 wonderful years this little man has been part of our lives! From California to Arkansas, where has time gone! On the day of his birth we celebrated with a small family party saving the heavy duty celebration for the following week!



The following photo is "so Nate" this boy loves money! Who doesn't.... but this boy loves it and SAVES it! Here he is counting his birthday money!



The following weekend we celebrated his birthday! I mean I must have experienced a moment of temporary insanity when I agreed to have 8 boys over for a sleepover! Let's just say these 8 little boys celebrated way in to the night! Seeing as how we have only had one or two boys EVER spend the night... I was totally unprepared for what a sleepover entails... very little sleep! LOL! I mean I had the whole night scheduled hour by hour but nothing went as planned! These boys did their own thing until this mama nearly had a meltdown at 1:00 and then by 1:30 everyone was silent! They may not want to come visit any more! LOL! But I do know this, if ever I host another sleepover, I will not schedule to be part of a garage sale the following day!

We started the big evening off by meeting at Pizza Shack at 4:30 for some dinner and then my sweet friend Melanie helped Tim and I transport kiddos to Hot Springs for some arcade fun and water boat adventure! Thank goodness Melanie and Cindy both have raised kiddos and knew that there was probably no way Tim and I could handle these boys on our own so both stuck around and helped out! A BIG THANK YOU! The boys had a blast in Hot Springs!



















Then home for the big sleepover! Tim and the little boys stayed in the guest house (per my request) and I stayed in the main house with 9 sugared up little boys who had just gotten their second wind! I will never make the mistake of thinking that because I have boys there will be no drama! Ha! We had drama! It was a fun night, and the next day, Nate told me it was the best birthday! Mission Accomplished!

Oh yeah, did I mention.... it will be a LONG time before I am brave enough to have 8 boys spend the night again! LOL! Happy Birthday Nate! I love you and I will always remember this party!

No comments: