Friday, August 3, 2012

Happy Birthday America and Happy Birthday Grandma!!!

Next to Christmas and Thanksgiving, this is the holiday I look forward to most.... the Oosterhous Fourth of July Gathering!  Just this 4th of July, I made the connection that when Tim was growing up they made a 2 week trip to Wisconsin to visit family, and that trip usually was over the 4th of July!  So many reasons for us to celebrate:  we are all together (this doesn't happen often enough); Judy's birthday; mine & Tim's engagement anniversary; and the birth of our country.... oh yeah, and Wimbledon (this is a tennis family you know)!  And have no fear, this family knows how to celebrate!  Dan, Emma, Anna & Drew made it in from Colorado and the Texas crew, George, Kelly, Alex, Meaghan and Julie, Jim, Eme, and Graeson and Grandmap and Grandpa were all here to play hard and of course to eat LOTS OF GOOD FOOD.... basically we eat, drink and be merry!!








In addition to our annual soccer tournaments and badminton tournaments we added basketball and PING PONG!  If we weren't in the river cooling off or canoeing then there was some type of tournament going on.... and it was always competetive.  However, I think the most fun to watch this year was the Ping Pong tournaments, and the Oosterhous siblings take this very seriously (as did Big G)!  I think we've started a new tradition!

















Of course it was sooooooooooo HOT over the fourth so the best way to cool down was to swim in or float the river while sipping on something cold to drink!



















I am so blessed to have two families that I adore and love spending time with.... my birth family and my marriage family.... nothing like having lots of brothers and sisters!  Happy Birthday Grandma!  We are ready to celebrate YOU again next year!



No comments: