I'm going to go ahead and group these two camps together even though the occurred 3 weeks apart! I think Nate has been away this summer more than he has been home! Thankfully these two camps were in Arkadelphia so Nana & Papa Doc played chauffeur and hotelier to Nate! I think Nate enjoyed being spoiled by these two for the nights he was at their house!
Baseball camp was at HSU at the field right across from mom & dad's house which was convenient! Several of his buddies from his baseball team in Glenwood also attended the camp which made it extra fun! Nate got the award for having the farthest throw of anyone his age! Go Nate!! I didn't have my camera with me so I really didn't get any good pictures but he did have a great time! Baseball camp went from 8:30 till noon the first week and 9 to 4 the next week!

Basketball camp was the camp that Nate had been looking forward too all summer. We chose the basketball camp at OBU and Nate attended as a "commuter" and he stayed with mom and dad. Camp was intense, it went from 9 in the morning until 9 at night! Nate was the youngest one there but held his own just fine. I think it was really good for him to see just how aggressive and good the older players were. He ate lunch and dinner in the cafeteria like a college kid! He had a great week with Coach Nutt and his staff and learned lots! His shooting improved a lot! Again I didn't get a whole lot of photos but I did get some good video of Nate making both of his free throws in a scrimmage game! Can't wait for the 2012/2013 basketball season!
No comments:
Post a Comment