Well since the end of July is approaching and school starts in less than 4 weeks.... I need to start blogging about SUMMER! It has been a crazy busy summer. The first two weeks of June were INSANE! They consisted of daily trips to Arkadelphia, Monday through Thursday for two weeks of swim lessons (we even added on a 3rd week for the Blondies since we had to be here for Nate's baseball camp)! We also picked up a couple of extra GIRLS for these two weeks.... sweet and beautiful Molly and Chloe who were lots of fun and extra entertainment!
Swim lessons went great! If we lived in Arkadelphia, I think I would've kept the two blondies in all summer long! Zac learned how to dive and has the BEST dive ever and his swim strokes improved a lot too! Nate worked on perfecting his free-style stroke and is addicted to jumping off of a high dive (when one is available); and Ben Ben improved so much that by the end of 3 weeks of swim, he could jump off the diving board and swim to the side ALL BY HIMSELF! And of course the two girlies rocked swim lessons!
During the first week of swim, we would return home (and usually everyone was wiped out), rest up and then get ready for Vacation Bible School! The kids had a wonderful time, and I enjoyed my VBS duty... keeping baby Lorelei happy.... which meant lots of walking and rocking! It really was a great week at VBS, a blessing to my kiddos and to so many others! I really don't have many pictures but believe me, the kiddos had a blast!
The last 3 days of the second week were crazy.... Zac and Nate went to OBU football camp while Ben and the girls finished up swim lessons! Z & N had a great time at football camp. The coaches here are phenomenal and teach them life lessons as well as football skills! This was at least our 3rd year to attend and we can't wait to go back next year and watch Ben play on the field!
Oh and a little side note.... after we were in the car and I was congratulating the boys on their ribbons, Zachy said, "I didn't really get a second and third place ribbon, I got two third place ribbons (white) but I wanted a red ribbon so I traded!" Tim's reply, "at least he traded up"! LOL!!
And just think.... that was only the FIRST TWO weeks of summer!!
Tumble-N-Toe Touch: Fall 2010
16 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment